Saturday, May 29, 2010

Binagoongan





     One of my specialties and truly a Filipino dish.... Binagoongan. There were so many ways to cook this dish and this is my version. It is also taste Bicol express because of the coconut milk.  I really like spicy foods, so when I cooked this dish I make sure that its really hot!!! Well, because I'm pregnant I refrain myself of eating spicy foods as my OB's advice ( poor me :(  ) It is very easy to cook. Just saute garlic, onion, and ginger... Add the pork, chili (siling panigang and you can add also siling labuyo to make it even spicier) and bagoong or alamang, followed by coconut milk... Simmer for awhile then add the eggplants.... Simmer for another 10 or 15 minutes and ready to serve... I add also some malunggay leaves to make it even more nutritious, Happy eating food bloggers...

17 comments:

Eng said...

you are right, its so very similar to bicol express. the way you cook this dish is exactly the way i do bicol express9 my version).

my hubby lovesss this.

eng of salitype society

Joahna Vern said...

wow!!! so yummy!....hello,there! I hope you don't mind exchanging links...I've already added you..Thanks! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

Cecile said...

oh my, this is mouth watering...so miss this dish :-(

looks yummy talaga eh.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Miss ko ang siling labuyo heheheh... Thanks for the visit.

FoodTripFriday said...

hays....ang sarap naman ng entry mo, I want it with ice cold drinks pag kumain ako,pampatanggal ng anghang. :D

Lady Patchy said...

i like the eggplant in your yummy dish.kakaiba

Lady Patchy said...

i will add you in my food blog .thanks for the comment

Jenn said...

Ang sarap naman nito, sis! :) Thanks for dropping by my FTF post. :)

Clarissa said...

Waaahhh!!looks like bicol express nga!!DROOLED!!

Thanks for dropping by,dear!^_^Enjoy your Sunday!!

Amy said...

di ko pa na try magluto ng binagoongan.. pero cgurado ako masarap 'to:)

Dhemz said...

oh mama mia...nakakamiss...been a long time na din akong d nakakain nito....thanks for sharing the recipe sis....:)

salamat din sa dalaw....:)

Newlyweds said...

i love binagoongan...

http://newlywedscravings.blogspot.com/

Cacai M. said...

Wow.. I miss bagoong a lot.. you give me an idea on this.. haven't tried this but the recipe is simple so copy ko sa utak ko ito ha..

By the way, thanks for My Food Trip: Buttered Shrimps.. ~hugs~

maiylah said...

uy, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! am so happy for you! :)

now that dish combines three of my fave ingredients: bagoong, malunggay, and coconut milk. lol. so am sure magugustuhan ko yan! :)

Unknown said...

this is the best ulam in this rainy weather, with matching steamed rice!

AC said...

i love love!!! spicy and ginataan... THE BEST!!! oh how I love pinoy dish talaga... nakakataba!!!

☺lani☺ said...

wow, yum!